What’s the "Green embassy" project ?
In April 2019, the Permanent Mission of France to the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva started implementing its "Green Embassy" project.
This program was launched in 2015 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the aim of reducing the environmental footprint of French diplomatic representations abroad.
- Strengthen France’s exemplary role in sustainable development on an international scale
- Make the diplomatic network a showcase for French know-how
- Improve management, job performance and savings
- Achieving carbon neutrality by 2020
- Reduce GHG (greenhouse gases) emissions
- Control energy and water consumption
- Promoting renewable energies
- Promote more sustainable purchasing
- Encouraging sustainable mobility
- Protecting biodiversity and the environment
- Reduce and sort waste
- Raise awareness internally and externally of sustainable development
1) Carry out a diagnosis of the embassy’s environmental impacts
2) Define and implement a "Green Embassy" action plan
3) Evaluate actions, results and continuously improve the project